implements statement

  1. #1
    Hemant_india
    Guest

    implements statement

    hi everybody
    i have copied the the code below from helpFile from "Implement statement"
    and have pasted the code accordingly . while running the coed i get error
    message as "Method or Data Member not defined when i click any of the
    commandButton
    please explain
    The following code for the shared declarations is in a class called
    PersonalData:
    Public Name As String
    Public Address As String
    The code supporting the customer data is in a class module called Customer:
    Implements PersonalData
    Private Property Get PersonalData_Address() As String
    PersonalData_Address = "CustomerAddress"
    End Property

    Private Property Let PersonalData_Address(ByVal RHS As String)
    '
    End Property

    Private Property Let PersonalData_Name(ByVal RHS As String)
    '
    End Property

    Private Property Get PersonalData_Name() As String
    PersonalData_Name = "CustomerName"
    End Property
    The code supporting the supplier data is in a class module called Supplier:
    Implements PersonalData

    Private Property Get PersonalData_Address() As String
    PersonalData_Address = "SupplierAddress"
    End Property

    Private Property Let PersonalData_Address(ByVal RHS As String)
    '
    End Property

    Private Property Let PersonalData_Name(ByVal RHS As String)
    '
    End Property

    Private Property Get PersonalData_Name() As String
    PersonalData_Name = "SupplierName"
    End Property
    The following code supports the Selector form:
    Private cust As New Customer
    Private sup As New Supplier

    Private Sub Command1_Click()
    Dim frm2 As New Form2
    Set frm2.PD = cust
    frm2.Show 1
    End Sub

    Private Sub Command2_Click()
    Dim frm2 As New Form2
    Set frm2.PD = sup
    frm2.Show 1
    End Sub
    The following code supports the Data Entry form:
    Private m_pd As PersonalData
    Private Sub Form_Load()
    With m_pd
    Text1 = .Name
    Text2 = .Address
    End With
    End Sub
    Public Property Set PD(Data As PersonalData)
    Set m_pd = Data
    End Property

    --
    hemu

  2. #2
    keepITcool
    Guest

    Re: implements statement

    remember classes are objects and must be initialized.

    in form2 either
    dim m_pd as NEW personaldata
    or add Form_Initialize()
    Set m_pd=new personaldata

    Further when you study implements:
    Create the properties GET/LET/SET in your BASE class.
    (dont use simple public variables)

    Then in the cust/supp class modules you can use the
    combo's in the top of the modulewindow to easily implement
    the derived classes props.

    --
    keepITcool

    Hemant_india wrote in
    <news:<[email protected]>

  3. #3
    Hemant_india
    Guest

    RE: implements statement

    hi keep'cool

    Dim frm2 As New Form2'<====Here I get error msg
    i am still confused.
    --
    hemu

  4. #4
    keepITcool
    Guest

    Re: implements statement

    missed your post. s/b a reply to mine

    Add Option Explicit to all your modules and classes.
    then try to compile.

    If Form2 cannot compile you'll get the error as indicated.
    I had your code working, but binned the project.

    --
    keepITcool

    Hemant_india wrote in
    <news:<[email protected]>

  5. #5
    Hemant_india
    Guest

    Re: implements statement

    hi keepITcool
    why binned the project?
    i waiting for your guidance
    i hope u are not angry at me
    --
    hemu

  6. #6
    keepITcool
    Guest

    Re: implements statement

    AHA..
    I just noticed you copied your code exactly
    from VBA help.

    That example is faulty, as it applies to VB forms
    not VBA userforms.

    Also (as stated earlier) i have a few gripes with using public
    variables in the base class.

    I've recreated the project..it's waiting for you.
    drop me an email to keepitcool AT chello DOT nl
    and you'll get a working copy by return.

    --
    keepITcool

    Hemant_india wrote in
    <news:<[email protected]>