Autofill userform

  1. #1
    hngo
    Guest

    Autofill userform

    Hi,

    I have create a userform to display the adress of emplyee (a macro
    userform). The database is stored in a worksheet. The userform has the
    following fields on it.

    Name, Phone Number and address.

    You can choose the name from the drop downbox.

    What do we need to code for the form to automatically fill in the rest of
    the information (phone number and address).

    many thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Mike Fogleman
    Guest

    Re: Autofill userform

    Check this link
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=213748

    If your list of employees is very long, then this method would involve a lot
    of code for each case. Perhaps a better method is to the UserForm idea and
    use Excel's built-in DataForm.

    Mike F
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    hngo
    Guest

    Re: Autofill userform

    Mike,

    My user form is a dialog sheet and I try to set an editbox name "delta"
    equal to a worksheet name "material list" cell "d4". My code is as follows:
    ActiveSheet.Shapes("delta").Text = Sheets("Material List").Range("D4")

    I got an error for this code.

    any idea