"If formula" within a loop

  1. #1
    BigWave@AC
    Guest

    "If formula" within a loop

    I am looking for a way to create a macro that will search though a
    column and when it encounters a specific value it performs the
    following function.

    If EA12 = 1 Then
    Range("AP2:AZ2").Select
    Selection.Copy
    Range("AP12:AZ12").Select
    ActiveSheet.Paste

    I have not been able to successfully use any looping methods to this
    point. Any Ideas?

  2. #2
    PCLIVE
    Guest

    Re: "If formula" within a loop

    The looping part should be pretty simple. However, I'm not sure what
    exactly you want to do with the selection ranges and paste ranges. You can
    adjust the first line to the number of rows you want to search through.
    I've used 100 as an example.

    For r = 1 To 100
    If Range("EA" & r).Value = 1 Then
    Range("AP2:AZ2").Select
    Selection.Copy
    Range("AP12:AZ12").Select
    ActiveSheet.Paste
    End If
    Next

    Hope this helps.
    Paul

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    steve_doc
    Guest

    RE: "If formula" within a loop

    one possible way!

    Assumption : search column has no blank values in it!
    Dim ws as Worksheets
    Dim rg as Range

    Set ws = ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("your sheet name")
    Set rg = ws.Range("your range start")

    Do until IsEmpty(rg)
    If rg = 'your value' Then
    Range("AP2:AZ2").Select
    Selection.Copy
    Range("AP12:AZ12").Select
    ActiveSheet.Paste
    Else
    Set rg = rg.Offset(1,0)
    End If
    Loop

    Above is untested so may have 1 or 2 bugs in. Also would be a better idea to
    tidy up the Select statements

    HTH
    Steve