Saying (And showing) Thanks

  1. #1
    Jim Jackson
    Guest

    Saying (And showing) Thanks

    I have noticed that there are a quite number of message strings that end with
    a "Thank you, that works perfectly" or something similar. The "Was this post
    helpful to you?" at the bottom is rarely checked in these instances.

    There are reasons for checking "Yes" when it applies. First, the person
    offering the solution receives credit for a helpful response and Second, the
    search for "Threads with helpful posts." would be so much more efficient.

    --
    Best wishes,

    Jim

  2. #2
    Die_Another_Day
    Guest

    Re: Saying (And showing) Thanks

    I post using Google Groups. I don't see that option here. All I can do
    is rate it 1 to 5 stars. What do you use to access this NG?

    Charles
    xl Geek

  3. #3
    Jake Marx
    Guest

    Re: Saying (And showing) Thanks

    I assume he's using
    http://www.microsoft.com/communities...s/default.aspx - it
    allows you to rate posts, mark posts as questions or comments, etc. I tried
    it for awhile, but it's just not as convenient and fast (IMO) as using a
    newsreader.

    Jake Marx
    www.longhead.com

  4. #4
    Jim Jackson
    Guest

    Re: Saying (And showing) Thanks

    Thanks for the enlightenment. I did not realize there were other ways to
    access these messages. Should have, though. That explains a lot.
    --
    Best wishes,

    Jim

  5. #5
    Jake Marx
    Guest

    Re: Saying (And showing) Thanks

    Hi Jim,

    Jim Jackson wrote:
    > Thanks for the enlightenment. I did not realize there were other
    > ways to access these messages. Should have, though. That explains a
    > lot.

    If you want to try accessing these posts directly with a newsreader, you can
    use Outlook Express (or any other newsreader) and point to the server
    msnews.microsoft.com.

    Jake Marx
    www.longhead.com