Change text color of specific date range by macro in Excel

  1. #1
    Morgan LeFay
    Guest

    Change text color of specific date range by macro in Excel

    Hello,

    in a worksheet (or preferably entire workbook) is it possible to run a
    macro, for example, that looks for entries up to a specific date and changes
    the text to a different color, after this does the same to other entries
    using another color, etc. and how would such a macro look like?

  2. #2
    Jeff
    Guest

    RE: Change text color of specific date range by macro in Excel

    Morgan,

    I would use a do while loop that goes through your data looking for specific
    dates.
    I believe either of the items below will work for changing the text color
    withing the cell

    ActiveSheet.Cells(row, column).Select
    Selection.Font.ColorIndex = 3
    or
    ActiveSheet.Cells(row,column).Font.ColorIndex = 3

    This changes the background color of the cell

    ActiveSheet.Cells(row, column).Interior.ColorIndex = 6

    Hopefully, this will get you started.'

    Jeff

    ActiveSheet.Cells(row, 3).Interior.ColorIndex = 6