How to get the address of the cell found our by vlookup

  1. #1
    dilettante
    Guest

    How to get the address of the cell found our by vlookup

    I am searching for a way to compare the prices of hotels putting the
    dates of beginning and end of my holidays in two Excel cells. The Hotels have
    different price during the summer like:

    Jun-20/Jul-25 Jul-25/Aug-1 Aug-1/Aug-31 Aug-31/sep-30
    Hotel A $ 50 $ 90 $ 150 $ 40
    Jun-20/Jul-20 Jul-20/Aug-10 Aug-10/Aug-20 Aug-20/sep-15
    Hotel B $ 45 $ 99 $ 140 $ 60

    What are the costs from i.e. Jun-25 until Aug-10? o Jun20 to sep14?
    Thank you for who will help me.

    --
    dilettante

  2. #2
    Franz Verga
    Guest

    Re: How to get the address of the cell found our by vlookup

    dilettante wrote:
    > I am searching for a way to compare the prices of hotels putting the
    > dates of beginning and end of my holidays in two Excel cells. The
    > Hotels have different price during the summer like:
    >
    > Jun-20/Jul-25 Jul-25/Aug-1 Aug-1/Aug-31 Aug-31/sep-30
    > Hotel A $ 50 $ 90 $ 150 $ 40
    > Jun-20/Jul-20 Jul-20/Aug-10 Aug-10/Aug-20 Aug-20/sep-15
    > Hotel B $ 45 $ 99 $ 140 $ 60
    >
    > What are the costs from i.e. Jun-25 until Aug-10? o Jun20 to sep14?
    > Thank you for who will help me.

    Hi dilettante,

    You have to build two lookup table, the first for Hotel A is something like
    this (it depends on if thelast day of each interval is included or not...):

    20/06/2006 50
    25/07/2006 90
    01/08/2006 150
    01/09/2006 40

    while for hotel B the table should be similar to this:

    20/06/2006 45
    20/07/2006 99
    10/08/2006 140
    20/08/2006 60

    sorry but the dates are in Italian style...

    Then you can use VLOOKUP function to test each date of your holidays period
    and then sum all rhe values. Pay attention tu use VLOOKUP with last
    parameter equal to 1 or TRUE.

    P.S.: because I think you are Italian, I remeber that there is also an
    Italian speaking NG: microsoft.public.it.office.excel

    --
    Hope I helped you.

    Thanks in advance for your feedback.

    Ciao