ActiveCell.Offset Code

  1. #1

    ActiveCell.Offset Code

    Hi

    I'm trying my hand at some VBA coding in excel and was stuck on one part if someone could please help me out ... here is part of the code:

    i = Range("B2") + 1 // assign a variable i, the value of the number in B2+1
    Range("B2") = i // cell B2 displays the new value of i

    Range("B2").Select
    i = ActiveCell.Offset((y - 1), 0).Select + 1 // in this case y is a variable row number, i want to be able to do the same as above, but for the row number as input by the user
    ActiveCell.Offset((y - 1), 0) = i // I would also like to be able to display that corresponding cell as above

    If you need more of the code, to understand my problem, please let me know as well as if you need some more explanation as to what it is i am trying to do in this case.

    Thanks

    Here is a copy of all the code to that point, with the same code as above in red:

    Dim i As Integer
    Dim x As String

    y = InputBox("Enter Row No", "Row No.")

    If (y = "") Then
    MsgBox "Stop. Try Again", vbOKCancel

    Else

    If (y = 1) Then

    i = Range("B2") + 1
    Range("B2") = i

    Range("C2:G2").Select
    Selection.Copy
    Sheets("Sheet2 (2)").Select
    Range("B2").Select
    ActiveCell.Offset(0, (i - 1) * 5).Select
    ActiveSheet.Paste
    Sheets("Sheet1").Select
    Application.CutCopyMode = False

    Else

    Range("B2").Select
    i = ActiveCell.Offset((y - 1), 0).Select + 1
    ActiveCell.Offset((y - 1), 0) = i

  2. #2
    Jim Thomlinson
    Guest

    RE: ActiveCell.Offset Code

    Give this a try...

    Dim i As Integer
    Dim x As String

    y = InputBox("Enter Row No", "Row No.")

    If (y = "") Then
    MsgBox "Stop. Try Again", vbOKCancel

    Else

    If (y = 1) Then

    i = Range("B2") + 1
    Range("B2") = i
    Range("C2:G2").Copy Destination:=Sheets("Sheet2 (2)").Range("B2").Offset(0,
    (i - 1) * 5)
    Sheets("Sheet1").Select 'may not need
    'Application.CutCopyMode = False 'Don't Need

    Else

    Range("B2").Select 'May not need
    i = Range("B2").Offset((y - 1), 0).Value + 1
    Range("B2").Offset((y - 1), 0) = i

    --
    HTH...

    Jim Thomlinson

  3. #3
    Hi Jim,

    Thanks a lot, that code really helped, plus it also helped in cleaning out my code, making it shorter too.