How do I get 6 conditional formats?

  1. #1

    How do I get 6 conditional formats?

    Hi

    I am trying to create a programme in excel based on latest and actual dates. Using conditional formatting, I have been able to shade the cell that references the latest an activity can be done. But I also want to add the same colour to the actual date (viewed as a upside down triangle) but cannot add any more conditions Format > Conditional Formatting

    What I have at the moment is

    =IF(OR($W9=AG$4,$AA9=AG$4,$AC9=AG$4),"▼",IF(OR($V9="n/a",$Y9="n/a",$AB9=""),"",IF($V9=AG$4,1,IF($Y9=AG$4,2,IF($AB9=AG$4,3,IF(OR($V9>AG$4,$AB9>AG$4),"▬",""))))))

    I want to be able to say IF(OR($W9=AG$4,"▼", and also make it 4 (and conditional format so that I can make it the same colour as the latest cell shade). In all I will have 6 conditional formats

    Do I make any sense? I am not good explaining what I am trying to do...

    Any help will be appreciated.

    Thanks
    KatieJane

  2. #2
    Jim Thomlinson
    Guest

    RE: How do I get 6 conditional formats?

    You can give this a try...

    http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.....Download.html

    --
    HTH...

    Jim Thomlinson

  3. #3
    I don't want to use a download - other people need to use this spreadsheet.

    Would you be able to point me in the direction of setting it up using VBA.

    Thanks

  4. #4
    Jim Thomlinson
    Guest

    Re: How do I get 6 conditional formats?

    The download actually adds code to the sheets it is being used in. Give it a
    try. If it is not what you want then you will have to get into the VBA and it
    is a fairly involved process as only 3 true conditional formats are supported.
    --
    HTH...

    Jim Thomlinson

  5. #5
    Thanks Jim - I will test it out.

  6. #6
    I tested the add-in that you suggested and it didn't work.

    When I used the CF+ tool it kept on changing the condition. I wanted it to be the Cell value equals 1 and it kept on changing it to The formula of the cell is E9=1

    How hard would it be to do the conditional formatting in VBA?

    Thanks
    kate