verify user input

  1. #1
    danny_chev
    Guest

    verify user input

    Hi
    I have a very simple Infopath form in which the user types in their
    name and id number, which will concatinate to show them what their user
    name will be in another text box on the form.

    We have a separate exel sheet with the pre-setup usernames.

    I would like a bit of script to take the contents of the text box in
    infopath and verify that the exel spreadsheet includes a cell with that
    content and if it does, show a "succesful" message or if it doesn't
    exist show a "try again" message to the user.

    Does anyone have any suggestions please?

    Thanks alot

    Dan

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    RE: verify user input

    Dim v, res
    v = "Valuetocheck"
    res = application.Match(v,Worksheets("sheet1").Range("A1:A500"),0)
    if iserror(res) then
    msgbox "No match"
    else
    msgbox "Match"