disable autorecover

  1. #1
    Daniel M
    Guest

    disable autorecover

    Hi

    I'm trying to check the box for disable autorecover under the tools options
    and save tab permenantly for a user in excel2003 but can't see a way of doing
    this as its not in the registry according to MS articles. I did read about a
    VB scripting to possibly do this and created the following..

    Set objExcel = CreateObject("Excel.Application")

    objExcel.AutoRecover.enabled = FALSE

    objExcel.Quit

    This however doesn't check the Disble Autorecover box. Has anyone had a
    success with this?

    thanks

    Daniel

  2. #2
    prabhuraaman
    Guest

    Re: disable autorecover

    You could disable autorecover for a single workbook by using the
    "disableautorecover" property.
    Try it out

  3. #3
    Daniel M
    Guest

    Re: disable autorecover

    I take it you mean check the box in the options, save tab every time. I could
    but thats not what my user wants. He wants this option checked by default.