Can't insert a Userform

  1. #1
    Ken Rock
    Guest

    Can't insert a Userform

    Hi,
    When I try to insert a userform using the VBE, I get the message
    "Class not registered
    Looking for object with CLSID:{xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx...}"
    Can anyone please tell me what is happening?
    Regards, Ken Rock

  2. #2
    RB Smissaert
    Guest

    Re: Can't insert a Userform

    There might be something wrong with the registration of the file Fm20.dll.
    From the Microsoft site:

    CAUSE
    =====

    This problem may be caused by a missing or incorrect Microsoft Windows
    registry entry for the Dynamic Link Library Fm20.dll. The proper
    registration of this file is required when you work with UserForms and form
    controls in Microsoft Excel 97.

    RESOLUTION
    ==========

    To resolve this problem, register Fm20.dll. You must have Regsvr32.exe to
    register Fm20.dll. If you do not have Regsvr32.exe you can download the
    file. For additional information, please see the following article in the
    Microsoft Knowledge Base:

    Q161983 Regsv32a.exe Available in Download Center

    Registering Fm20.dll
    --------------------

    To Register Fm20.dll, follow these steps:

    1. Use Microsoft Windows Explorer to locate the Fm20.dll file in the
    Windows\System folder or in the Winnt\system32 folder (under Microsoft
    Windows NT). If the file is not present, copy it from the OS\System folder
    on the Microsoft Office 97 compact disc to the appropriate location.

    2. Close all open programs.

    3. Click Start on the Windows taskbar, click Run, and then type the
    following:

    " Regsvr32.exe fm20.dll" (without the quotation marks)

    4. Click OK. The following message should appear:

    DllRegisterServer in c:\windows\system\fm20.dll succeeded.

    The file Fm20.dll should be registered correctly.

    RBS

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Ken Rock
    Guest

    Re: Can't insert a Userform

    RB Smissaert wrote:
    > There might be something wrong with the registration of the file Fm20.dll.
    > From the Microsoft site:
    >
    > CAUSE
    > =====
    >

    > This problem may be caused by a missing or incorrect Microsoft Windows
    > registry entry for the Dynamic Link Library Fm20.dll. The proper
    > registration of this file is required when you work with UserForms and form
    > controls in Microsoft Excel 97.
    >

    > RESOLUTION
    > ==========
    >

    > To resolve this problem, register Fm20.dll. You must have Regsvr32.exe to
    > register Fm20.dll. If you do not have Regsvr32.exe you can download the
    > file. For additional information, please see the following article in the
    > Microsoft Knowledge Base:
    >

    > Q161983 Regsv32a.exe Available in Download Center
    >

    > Registering Fm20.dll
    > --------------------
    >
    > To Register Fm20.dll, follow these steps:
    >

    > 1. Use Microsoft Windows Explorer to locate the Fm20.dll file in the
    > Windows\System folder or in the Winnt\system32 folder (under Microsoft
    > Windows NT). If the file is not present, copy it from the OS\System folder
    > on the Microsoft Office 97 compact disc to the appropriate location.
    >

    > 2. Close all open programs.
    >

    > 3. Click Start on the Windows taskbar, click Run, and then type the
    > following:
    >

    > " Regsvr32.exe fm20.dll" (without the quotation marks)
    >

    > 4. Click OK. The following message should appear:
    >

    > DllRegisterServer in c:\windows\system\fm20.dll succeeded.
    >

    > The file Fm20.dll should be registered correctly.
    >

    > RBS
    >

    > "Ken Rock" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> Hi,
    >> When I try to insert a userform using the VBE, I get the message
    >> "Class not registered
    >> Looking for object with CLSID:{xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx...}"
    >> Can anyone please tell me what is happening?
    >> Regards, Ken Rock

    Yes!!!!!!
    Thank you very much!
    I'm using Excel 2003 but this worked!