Flex Grid Control (supporting files)

  1. #1
    RLang
    Guest

    Flex Grid Control (supporting files)

    Hi,
    I used a grid control in an Excel application. The control description is:

    Microsoft Hierarchical FlexGrid Control 6.0 (SPA) (OLEDB)

    I also have Visual Basic 6.0 Professional installed on my PC. Please advise
    what additional supporting files need to be copied/installed on a user's
    computer to be able to recognize this control in Excel. I've copied the
    files: MSHFLXGD.DEP (8/2/2000), MSHFLXFD.OCX (3/9/2004), and MSHFLXGD.SRG
    (5/31/1998) to the client's c:\windows\system32 folder but Excel still errors
    when seeing the first line of code referring to the control.

    Regards

  2. #2
    RLang
    Guest

    RE: Flex Grid Control (supporting files)

    Never mind. I've switched to the Videosoft Flex Array Control that comes on
    board with the Excel suite. Does the same thing for what I'm doing with no
    property or method syntax changes.

  3. #3
    NickHK
    Guest

    Re: Flex Grid Control (supporting files)

    For your information,
    With all ActiveX components it not sufficient to copies the files to the
    destination computer; they have to be registered also. check out
    regsrv32.exe .
    You also to ensure that all dependencies are present .

    NickHK

    news:[email protected]...