excel (vba) and sql server express

  1. #1
    muelle60
    Guest

    excel (vba) and sql server express

    Hello,

    is it possible to load and save data in sql server express using vba code in
    excel?

    We want to create/delete tables, load and save data?

    Thank you.

    Regards
    Christian

  2. #2
    NickHK
    Guest

    Re: excel (vba) and sql server express

    Christian,
    Certainly. Set a reference to ADODB, then use the .Command, .Connection and
    ..Recordset objects

    You can execute pretty much any valid SQL statements with this, including
    DDL statements.
    There is also the ADX Extension (ADOX) that is designed to work with DDL
    that may be useful.

    NickHK

    news:[email protected]...