Picture #s Assigned to Objects

  1. #1
    VicWestVan
    Guest

    Picture #s Assigned to Objects

    When I insert a graphic object, it is automatically assigned a number i.e.
    "Picture 123".

    <Msgbox Application.Caller.Name> displays this auto assigned number.

    Is there anyway to set or change the number assigned to such objects?

  2. #2
    MSweetG222
    Guest

    RE: Picture #s Assigned to Objects

    The basic code to rename a picture/shape is:

    ActiveSheet.Shapes("Picture 123").Name = "MyNewName"

    If the code you used in your message box is giving you the actual picture
    name, then store the name in a memory variable (ie: rather than Msgbox use
    MyShapeName = ). Then your line of code would be:

    ActiveSheet.Shapes(MyShapeName).Name = "MyNewName"

    Replace "MyNewName" with whatever naming convention you wish to use.

    --
    Thx
    MSweetG222

  3. #3

    Re: Picture #s Assigned to Objects

    Select the object
    type the new name in the Namebox (to the left of the formula bar)
    make sure you hit enter

    And you can give the picture a nicer name--either based on what it is or based
    on where it is???

    Pict_A3 (if it's in A3)
    Picture_Of_My_Family

  4. #4