how to suppress "update links" message for workbook with no links?

  1. #1
    Rich
    Guest

    how to suppress "update links" message for workbook with no links?

    Hello,

    I created a simple workbook that pulls data from a sql server db (using ADO)
    and copies this data to a sheet. Then I have a 2nd sheet - the presentation
    sheet where I have formulas that reference the data sheet. There are no
    links in this workbook, but all of a sudden I am getting a message to update
    the links. I vaguely remember something about searching for a bracket [
    which indicates a link. How can I clear this - or suppress the link message?

    Thanks.
    Rich

  2. #2
    Rich
    Guest

    RE: how to suppress "update links" message for workbook with no links?

    I think I figured out what the problem is: I made a backup workbook with my
    data and formulas. I had to re-copy stuff from that workbook, so that is how
    the links got created. There were hundreds of them. Now I have to start
    from scratch and remove all the stuff.

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: how to suppress "update links" message for workbook with no links?

    Bill Manville has written a utility, FindLink, for working with links. You
    can get it at http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm. That might help.

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...