VBA - query an Access table -> results in Excel

  1. #1
    rirus
    Guest

    VBA - query an Access table -> results in Excel

    Using VBA, I want to query an Access database table which has > 240,000
    records. The data I am quering for is from a worksheet (sheet1) and I would
    like the results stored in an Excel worksheet (sheet2). The results from the
    query will be only a few thousand records, never greater than 10,000. The
    Access db and Excel sheet are on the same PC. Eventually I will need to query
    the Access DB from a different PC across a network.
    What is the best way to do this?

    Thanks,

    rirus

  2. #2
    Dave Patrick
    Guest

    Re: VBA - query an Access table -> results in Excel

    I'd use ADO This article may help.

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/257819/

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

  3. #3
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: VBA - query an Access table -> results in Excel

    Maybe you can use this
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/accessexcel.htm

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  4. #4
    rirus
    Guest

    Re: VBA - query an Access table -> results in Excel

    I set up an ODBC for the Access database and then added a tablequery in the
    Excel worksheet. So far that is working great and is getting what I need.
    Surprisingly, the query takes seconds to run which is faster than what I
    expected. I am not sure though how it will work across a network. Hopefully
    the retrieval rate will not change too much.

    Thanks for your inputs. They have been helpful.

    rirus