Excel Access query with username/pw

  1. #1
    Gsimmons2005
    Guest

    Excel Access query with username/pw

    hey guys,

    So I have some code to query an external access database and that part
    works great. However, in that query, it connects to an oracle databse
    in the process and as a results prompts me for a username and password
    whenever I run that external query. Is there a way to program in the
    queried servers username/pw so I dont get a prompt or is that set on
    the access side?

    Here is my code now

    Thanks

    Greg

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    RE: Excel Access query with username/pw

    You should be able to. Look at this:

    http://www.carlprothman.net/Default....orMicrosoftJet

    Tom Ogilvy

  3. #3
    Gsimmons2005
    Guest

    Re: Excel Access query with username/pw

    Nothing there about 2 step password...

    I have a pw to open the database and another pw so the query can link
    to external databse...

    anyone?

  4. #4
    NickHK
    Guest

    Re: Excel Access query with username/pw

    When you created your link to the Oracle DB (ODBC/ORAxxx/etc) from Access,
    did you not have to provide the username/PW in order to connect.
    There should be some option to save PW with the connection string, so Access
    can connect when required.
    Then you only need to provide the username/PW to connect to Access.
    I don't use Oracle, so I can't tell you exact steps.
    An easy way to test/generate connection string is:
    - Create a text file somewhere convenient.
    - Change it's name to Test.udl
    - Double click it.
    - Follow the wizard to connect to the DB/server etc.
    - When finished, open the file in a ext editor; you can then use that
    connection string in code.

    Alternatively, in Access you can do Pass-Through queries. That may be useful
    to you.

    NickHK

    news:[email protected]...