Help needed with a RefEdit control

  1. #1
    Dan Hatola
    Guest

    Help needed with a RefEdit control

    I am working with a RefEdit control on a Userform and running into a problem.
    I know the RefEdit control is buggy, but unfortunately it is the only
    control that makes sense to use in this case. The problem occurs when a
    Userform with a RefEdit control is displayed and I click on a workbook other
    than the active workbook. This is a strange scenario because it is only
    possible when the "show windows in taskbar" option is selected (otherwise
    only one Excel window can be seen at a time). When I attempt to click on the
    other workbook, Excel prevents it from activating (what I want to happen),
    however a second RefEdit box appears at the top of the screen. Both the
    RefEdit control on the Userform and the RefEdit at the top of the screen
    display the same range. The problem arises if I actually click on (activate)
    the RefEdit at the top of the screen, switch back to the Userform (activate),
    and then close (cancel) the RefEdit at the top of the screen. This will
    close the entire Userform and create a memory problem. The memory problem
    prevents the Userform buttons from functioning properly when it is
    redisplayed. Eventually I have to force quit or stop the code in the VBE,
    which displays the memory error and then Excel shuts down. Is there a way to
    prevent this error or even better to prevent the second RefEdit box from
    appearing when a user attempts to activate a different workbook?

  2. #2
    Jim Cone
    Guest

    Re: Help needed with a RefEdit control

    Some discussion here...
    http://tinyurl.com/pxwes
    --
    Jim Cone
    San Francisco, USA

    "Dan Hatola"
    <[email protected]>

  3. #3
    NickHK
    Guest

    Re: Help needed with a RefEdit control

    Dan,
    Nothing specific to your problem, but do any of these help ?

    - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q177632/

    - Don't put the RefEdit on a frame or other container, only directly on the
    userform.

    - Give the user an application.Inputbox with Type:=8

    -
    http://www.dailydoseofexcel.com/arch...edit-controls/

    NickHK

    news:[email protected]...