Excel spreadsheeting

  1. #1
    maricaro2511
    Guest

    Excel spreadsheeting

    I would like to take data from various workbooks and pull the information
    contained within a range of cells into one main sheet.
    I'm thinking that I would like to use a drop-down menu to make the selection
    then all the data would populate in the cells underneath from another
    worksheet.
    Could someone point me in the right direction??

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    RE: Excel spreadsheeting

    Data=>Validation using the list option

    Then use vlookup formulas to get the information (if the indexing value is
    on the left side of the range - if not, then use a combination of Index and
    Match.

    Tom Ogilvy