Excel - User Defined Function Error: This function takes no argume

  1. #1
    BruceInCalgary
    Guest

    Excel - User Defined Function Error: This function takes no argume

    I have a user defined VBA function in my Excel spreadsheet. I do an Insert
    -> Function and then I select the user-defined function from the function
    list. Excel should then display a Function Arguments form prompting for the
    parameters for this function, but instead, Excel displays the mesasge "This
    function takes no arguments.". This works on some PCs but not others and the
    problem occurs with Excel 2002 and Excel 2003. I have looked at the
    references in VB but there doesn't seem to be anything missing. Any help
    would be greatly appreciated!

    Regards, ....Bruce

  2. #2
    Les
    Guest

    RE: Excel - User Defined Function Error: This function takes no argume

    Can you provide a sample of your function?
    i.e
    Public Function x(a As Range, b As Range)
    x = a * b
    End Function
    --
    Les Torchia-Wells

  3. #3
    Andrew Taylor
    Guest

    Re: Excel - User Defined Function Error: This function takes no argume

    This can happen if you've inadvertently used the name of an
    existing built-in function, e.g.

    Function Now(s As String)
    Now = 0
    End Function

    VBA doesn't complain about the name clash but the
    Insert/Function dialog will use the built-in function.