Check User

  1. #1
    KC VBA Qns
    Guest

    Check User

    Hi,

    I hope someone could help me.

    I broadcast an Excel file with confidential financials which I have
    codes to control who to view which sheets through asking respective
    users to enter their passwords.

    However this is still not good enough. I want to identify user machines
    so users cannot share passwords.

    Could someone help me how I could achieve this?

    Rgds,

  2. #2
    NickHK
    Guest

    Re: Check User

    This will give you name of the computer:
    environ("computername")

    You should remember that Excel security is, at best, a minor inconvenience
    for anyone with a minute and a little curiosity.
    If a user really should not see the others' information, don't include it in
    the file.
    Otherwise, expect that sooner or later, one of your users will have the
    inclination to snoop.

    NickHK

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    KC VBA Qns
    Guest

    Re: Check User

    Thanks, Nick.

    I completely understand on the security aspect.

    Now what must the user do to retrieve their computer names and forward
    to me for embedding into my codes?

    Rgds,

  4. #4
    NickHK