UDF Help/Comment

  1. #1
    OE
    Guest

    UDF Help/Comment

    I used to be able to enter UDF instructions from the VBA environment as
    follows;
    with cursor in some code, hit F2 to bring up the object browser, select your
    library, select your UDF, right click, select Preferences and enter your
    instructions in the Description box.
    However, entered text is not saved.

    Can anone advise?

    (The workaround via the GDI works most of the time.)

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: UDF Help/Comment

    It is in mine XL 2002 Win XP.

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    OE
    Guest

    Re: UDF Help/Comment

    I have both versions of Excel also (work / home), the problem is in both.

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: UDF Help/Comment

    With these two problems it sounds like you have another problem causing it.

  5. #5

    Re: UDF Help/Comment

    Did you remember to save that workbook with the UDF?

  6. #6
    OE
    Guest

    Re: UDF Help/Comment

    The UDF was in Personal.xls (hidden) but after Unhide the problem remains.
    Have given up, will use the GDI backdoor method. But thanks for all thoughts.

  7. #7

    Re: UDF Help/Comment

    Just an aside...Personally, I think going through Excel's GUI is much easier (to
    explain and to do). I wouldn't have called it the workaround or backdoor.

  8. #8
    Buenos Aires
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2003 & Excel 2010

    Re: UDF Help/Comment

    Hi all,

    I know this is a really old post but I couldn't find info on this problem anywhere else. So just in case anyone else is experiencing the same issue.

    I was fighting this same problem and was getting pretty frustrated but I finally got it to work.

    I closed the window where the udf was written, then went to the object browser, entered the description and it saved.

    gday
    Last edited by Matuna; 05-27-2011 at 02:42 PM.