macro to move 1 cell left and paste CURRENT clipboard content as HYPERLINK
am not a programmer....
tried recording macro in excel 2003, but ran into several problems:
1) will not move 1 cell left from CURRENT cell (goes back to the same initial cell on every run).
2) does not record double-click of mouse that would have resulted in formatting the cell content as a hyperlink.
3) tried with ctrl+k but does not paste CURRENT content of clipboard into Address field of Insert Hyperlink dialog box (pastes the same initial URL on every run).
thought this code would work with some modification but works only in Word for which it was written - http://wordribbon.tips.net/T011906_C...ialog_Box.html
this is the task i need automated in Excel 2003:
1) move one cell to the left.
2) paste CURRENT URL in clipboard as HYPERLINK.
Will greatly appreciate if someone can help...
ps, look at the code from Dave Peterson...does nothing and gives no err msg either ??!!
scroll down to the bottom
Last edited by sgoesef; 03-27-2013 at 09:18 PM.
Re: macro to move 1 cell left and paste CURRENT clipboard content as HYPERLINK
ok, so i figured out how...
the one written for WORD needed slight modification to work in EXCEL
the other one actually works as coded, again you can modify for it to work your way
you guys are super smart here, but will be happy to share if you need it...hope this forum sends email alert
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 1