Hi, I wonder whether someone may be able to help me please.
I'm trying to put together a script which counts the number of projects if the Project Month & Year are equal to the column header.
To help with my explanation, I've attached a file which I hope will illustrate what I'm trying to accomplish.
You will see there are 3 sheets:
- The first is "In Flight Projects" which contains the raw data displaying the projects currently being worked on by staff.
- The "Output" sheet shows my current 'Output' sheet, and
- The last is my 'Desired' outcome.
What I'm trying to do is as follows:
- Search the column headings on the "Output" sheet which are dynamic, so the number of values will change, then
- For each column heading, search column G on the "In Flight Projects" sheet and,
- Where the date is greater than or equal to the column heading, count the project from column B on the "In Flight Projects" sheet (note the number of projects are also dynamic), and
- Show the total number of projects in the appropriate column on the "Output" sheet
For example you will see that in Feb 15, there were 30 projects being worked, as was the case in Mar 15.
Three projects then had a finish date in Mar 15, so they were removed from the count in Apr 15.
I normally have a good idea where to start, but this has really puzzled me.
I just wondered whether someone could possibly look at this please and offer some guidance on how I may go about achieving this.
Many thanks and the kindest regards