organization chart

  1. #1
    Alan Olney
    Guest

    organization chart

    I am unable to set the Text in each Diagram Node of an organization chart
    using Excel 2003 VBA code.

    I have tried the Excel VBA Help example that accompanies the TextShape
    Property, and this too fails with error 1004, "Unable to set the Text
    property of the Characters class".

  2. #2
    Art
    Guest

    RE: organization chart

    I tried this and it seems to work:

    Public Sub Temp1()
    Sheets("Sheet1").Shapes("Rectangle 2").Select
    Selection.Font.Size = 25
    End Sub

    I have a rectangle with text in it call "Rectangle 2".
    For some reason this doesn't seem to work in a "with block".

    Art

  3. #3
    Alan Olney
    Guest

    RE: organization chart

    I can get it to work for text boxes, but not for Org Charts.

    Here is the MS Excel VBA Help article and example that I have tried that
    illustrates the problem:

    TextShape Property
    See AlsoApplies ToExampleSpecificsReturns a Shape object representing the
    shape of the text box associated with a diagram node.

    expression.TextShape
    expression Required. An expression that returns one of the objects in the
    Applies To list.

    Example
    The following example adds child nodes to a parent node, and displays text
    in the parent node indicating the number of child nodes created.

    Sub CountChildNodes()

    Dim nodRoot As DiagramNode
    Dim shDiagram As Shape
    Dim intCount As Integer
    Dim shText As Shape

    Set shDiagram = ActiveSheet.Shapes.AddDiagram _
    (Type:=msoDiagramRadial, Left:=10, Top:=15, _
    Width:=400, Height:=475)
    Set nodRoot = shDiagram.DiagramNode.Children.AddNode

    ' Add 3 child nodes to the root node.
    For intCount = 1 To 3
    nodRoot.Children.AddNode
    Next

    ' Change text in node.
    For intCount = 1 To 4
    Set shText = shDiagram.DiagramNode.Children.Item(1).TextShape
    shText.TextFrame.Characters.Text = Str(intcount)