Closed Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4

-2147221080 800401a8 Automation error

  1. #1

    -2147221080 800401a8 Automation error

    When I post the code

    Name sourceWB.path as "D:\Data\" & sourceWB.name

    I get the following error.

    -2147221080 800401a8 Automation error

    I have checked the file and folder and neither are "read only"

    Does anyone know what this error means?

    Thanks
    Erica

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    RE: -2147221080 800401a8 Automation error

    Name sourceWB.FullName as "D:\Data\" & sourceWB.name

    Tom Ogilvy

  3. #3
    Germany
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2003

    Re: -2147221080 800401a8 Automation error

    Hey,

    after reading through your pages, I now signed up and found a similar problem to Joan. Would be great if you guys can help me.

    It shows the Automation Error for the line with n = ...

  4. #4
    Forum Expert royUK's Avatar
    Derbyshire,UK
    MS-Off Ver
    Xp; 2007; 2010
    Posts
    26,200

    Re: -2147221080 800401a8 Automation error

    Quote Originally Posted by RoyMakaay1985 View Post
    Hey,

    after reading through your pages, I now signed up and found a similar problem to Joan. Would be great if you guys can help me.

    It shows the Automation Error for the line with n = ...

    Please read the Forum Rules, then start your own Thread with a link to this one. Thanks
    Hope that helps.

    RoyUK
    --------
    For Excel Tips & Solutions, free examples and tutorials why not check out my web site

    Free DataBaseForm example

Closed Thread