Extracting multiple addresses from single email body cell (Outlook Mail > Excel)

  1. #1
    USA
    MS-Off Ver
    Win 7 Enterprise

    Extracting multiple addresses from single email body cell (Outlook Mail > Excel)

    Hello--I'm new and hope you can help me.

    I need to compile a list of bounced email addresses. I set up folders in Outlook Mail for the various bounce reasons. I right-clicked the folder I wanted, selected the body as the custom field data I wanted, and extracted it as a .csv file to Excel. I can extract the first bad email from each list, but I don't see whether it's pulling all of them. Here's what I cobbled together in the way of Excel code from other places online:

    Column A = Body
    Column B = Bounced emails flagged by mailto:
    Column C = Column B without the maito: (finished product)

    To extract the bad email(s) from each body, I use this in B2:

    =MID(A2,FIND("mailto:",A2)+1,FIND(">",A2)-FIND("<",A2)-1)

    To remove the mailto: command, I use this in C2:
    =SUBSTITUTE(B2"mailto:","")

    To remove long strings of non-human-readable code as "=VALUE!" in Column A, I use this:

    Home > Find & Select > Go To Special > Blanks > OK
    right-click in empty cell
    Delete > Entire Row > OK
    rinse and repeat as needed

    BUT...

    I think this may only be picking up the first bad address in messages containing two or more bad addys.

    Is Outlook Mail not exporting the full message body? Or is there a little piece of code I'm missing--perhaps a way to concatenate?

    I can't post the actual data, but here's a made-up example of the problem:

    Last Post: 04-11-2015, 06:45 AM
  2. vba pull data from outlook body of email through email or subject of mail into excel
    By breadwinner in forum Excel Programming / VBA / Macros
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-01-2014, 04:37 AM
  3. send email through excel with different cell range in the body of the mail
    By melody10 in forum Excel Programming / VBA / Macros
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-18-2013, 12:41 AM
  4. [SOLVED] Excel can send mail with multiple cells info as email body and subject, befr 3 day of due
    By ExcelUser2707 in forum Excel Programming / VBA / Macros
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-19-2013, 06:49 AM
  5. [SOLVED] Excel can send mail with multiple cells info as email body and subject, befr 3 day of due
    By ExcelUser2707 in forum Excel Programming / VBA / Macros
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-13-2013, 04:29 AM
  6. Macro for extracting content of outlook mail body (contains table)
    By anchuri_chaitanya in forum Outlook Programming / VBA / Macros
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-14-2011, 03:29 AM
  7. Alt+Print Screen then Opens new Outlook Mail Message and Pastes into Body of Email
    By Alex Pipes in forum Excel Programming / VBA / Macros
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-26-2010, 06:53 AM

Tags for this Thread