+ Reply to Thread

Help with the following

MS-Off Ver
    Office 365

Help with the following

Please help me im stuck, im fairly new to excel and still trying to understand everything i was hoping someone could help me out with this one.

See attachement:

The following in the kolums G to J i want to add up all the hours made. But when i insert the break it also calculates the break in the field ######## does someone please have a solution for me.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Valued Forum Contributor
    MS-Off Ver

Re: Help with the following

Dates and times that are negative or too large display as #####. I generally find it easier to work with decimals (and round most everything to the quarter of an hour, then everything is either 0.0, .25, .50 or .75 ~ for o'clock, quarter past, half past and three quarters past). Decimals are much easier to work with (unless special circumstances such as 2nd or 3rd shift comes into play). After a while, decimals are more familiar than minutes!
    If you need to keep your time format, you could also use an If statement or an ABS for absolute value (then there will not be negatives)).

MS-Off Ver
    Excel 7/10/13/16/365 (PC ver 2310)

Re: Help with the following

Mrmike1981 welcome to the forum

Please take a moment to read the forum rules and then amend your thread title to something descriptive of your problem - not what you think the answer might be. (think google search terms?). Once you have done this please send me a PM and I will remove this request. (Also, include a link to your thread - copy from the address bar)

Many members search our previous posts, and thread titles play a big part of the search. I doubt anybody would do a search based on your title?

To change a Title on your post, click EDIT POST then Go Advanced and change your title, if 2 days have passed ask a moderator to do it for you.

(note: this change is not optional )
    1. Use code tags for VBA. [code] Your Code [/code] (or use the # button)
    2. If your question is resolved, mark it SOLVED using the thread tools
    3. Click on the star if you think someone helped you

Regards
    Ford

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information