+ Reply to Thread

Can I create a questionair to create an estimate with formulas?

MS-Off Ver

Can I create a questionair to create an estimate with formulas?

My first problem is I don't even know what I need.

I'm trying to streamline my estimating process. I would like to have a questionnaire when I first open the template with basic info like project name, address... also square footage. It would also have flow charts that would operate based on check boxes selected. Those boxes would then populate new questions based on the prior selections.

On a separate sheet I would like to list my material costs. The material lists would be separated by supplier. I can send the list to the supplier and they would return the form with current pricing. I would then cut and paste to update my price list.

Then based on my selected systems and materials it would then auto populate an estimate.

So my main question is can you create a flow chart based on check boxes and create a list?

Valued Forum Contributor
    MS-Off Ver

Re: Can I create a questionair to create an estimate with formulas?

Hi there - and welcome to the forum. Your first sentence really sums this up - you need to decide what you need, and how you're going to get there. You could do this numerous ways... you could get basic data in one worksheet, then move on, wizard-style, to the next etc. Alternatively, you could use userforms to input info about your customer's needs, do the calculations using material and labour costs calculated from data on separate worksheets...

Before anyone is likely to help, your thread title doesn't really convey what the problem is. The short answer to your question is "yes". I'd suggest changing the thread title to something more meaningful - then, in addition to complying with forum rule #1 (Title must briefly summarize your request), you're more likely to get some helpful suggestions.

Additionally, if you attach a copy of what you've already got or an idea (roughly) how it should look, we can take it from there. See the yellow band at the top of the page for details.

Tim
    Never stop learning!
    <--- please consider *-ing !

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information