+ Reply to Thread

Help with duplicated data in different columns and adding colour to these,

MS-Off Ver

Help with duplicated data in different columns and adding colour to these,

Hi,

I am new to Excel and hopefully have included a very basic excel spreadsheet for you to look at.

I am trying to do a couple of things if possible.

You will see one column that has dates in and another column that has a depot name in.

What I would like to achieve if possible is that when a date is entered this will turn green along with the depot name next to it.

If the same date is selected again it will stay green unless the same depot name is also repeated at this point I would like the this one to turn red.

However Lincoln and Boston depots can only have one matching date before it turns red but Nottingham can have 3 matching dates until it goes from green to red.

This data is automatically put into excel when I complete a form on office 365.

Also when the data is imported from the forms the latest information always goes to the bottom, is there any way other than manually sorting the dates to make this go in the correct date order when it automatically comes over.

Hope this all makes sense, hoping its an easy fix being new to Excel.

Thanks Chris
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Fryertuck25; 01-15-2022 at 10:54 AM.

Retired in Ipswich, Suffolk, but grew up in Sawley, Derbyshire (England)
    MS-Off Ver
    MS 365 Subscription Insider Beta Channel v. 2404 (Windows 11 22H2 64-bit)

Re: When a date is selected this will turn green along with the depot name next to it.

Welcome to the forum.

What you seem to be describing will, I believe, require VBA.

However, if you show us what you want in your sample workbook (manually mocked up), it will be easier to judge.

Administrative Note:

"Help with Excel"

Your thread title does not really convey what your request is about. Tell us what you are trying to do, not how you think it should be done.

Please take a moment to amend your thread title. Make sure that the title properly explains your request. Your title should be explicit and not be generic (this includes function names used without an indication of what you are trying to achieve).

Please see Forum Rule #1 about proper thread titles and adjust accordingly. To edit the thread title, open the original post to edit and then click on Go Advanced (bottom right) to access the area where you can edit your title.

(Note: this change is not optional. As you are new here, I have done it for you today.)
    Last edited by AliGW; 01-15-2022 at 07:22 AM.
    Ali

Enthusiastic self-taught user of MS Excel who's always learning!
    Don't forget to say "thank you" in your thread to anyone who has offered you help.
    You can reward them by clicking on * Add Reputation below their user name on the left, if you wish.

Forum Rules (updated August 2023): please read them here.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information