I have a fully updated install of 365.

I often open an Excel file to review #s and answer questions and then close the file without saving.

If I do a File Open and select a file from the available list of prior files opened, the file will open and then drop me into the 'Document Recovery' pane - showing me the file I'm opening (which isn't corrupt and doesn't need to be recovered). If I 'recover' the file, I get looped back to the same 'Document Recovery' pane again (several times).

Under File - Options - Save, I have 'Save AutoRecover Information every 10 minutes' and I have Keep the last AutoRecovered version if I close without saving UNCHECKED.

So, autorecover is on, but shouldn't be there for files I properly close but don't save.

I have deleted all of the files/folders for my Excel files from ...\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel\, but they are recreated, so that didn't solve the problem.

Some of the 'recovery' files were days/weeks old, so it doesn't seem to be about time.

I really hate getting stuck in a Recover-loop for files that ain't broke, so is there a setting to end this problem that I'm missing?

Thanks.

Andrew