identifying current month

  1. #1
    Sue
    Guest

    identifying current month

    I am working with finance data which I put into line graphs. Is there anyway
    to identify the current month without having to manually put in and move a
    line in 30plus graphs?

  2. #2
    Barb Reinhardt
    Guest

    Re: identifying current month

    Let me make sure I understand what you want. Before I answer any further,
    do you want all months on the graph, but you want the current month to look
    different on the graph? If that's the case, I'd create two columns of data
    for the chart.

    Column A - Date Information
    Column B - Financial Data
    Column C - Current month data
    Column D - Non-current Month Data

    Enter in C3
    =IF(MONTH(A3)=MONTH(TODAY()),B3,NA())
    Enter in D3
    =IF(MONTH(A3)<>MONTH(TODAY()),B3,NA())

    This should get you started.

    Have a great day!
    Barb Reinhardt
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: identifying current month

    Sue -

    Another way, if you wanted an actual line, is to follow one of these
    techniques, using a variation on Barb's formulas to determine where the
    line should be positioned.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP