Keeping a series table from updating when adding new rows.

  1. #1
    Jacen Saracen
    Guest

    Keeping a series table from updating when adding new rows.

    I have a spreadsheet where the information begins at row 5 and carries on for
    many more rows. The information is ranked with row 5 representing the latest
    information, and the bottom row representing the oldest information. If I
    have a chart that plots the "latest five values" (a5:a10), then I decide to
    insert a new row 5, representing the very latest update, how do I keep Excel
    from automatically updating the chart to plot a6:a11? I want it to stay
    a5:a10, incorporating the latest row insert and dropping the oldest.

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Keeping a series table from updating when adding new rows.

    You could adapt the dynamic chart technique that Jon Peltier describes here:

    http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Cha...micLast12.html

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  3. #3
    R.VENKATARAMAN
    Guest

    Re: Keeping a series table from updating when adding new rows.

    based on peltier;s dynamic range (referreed to by Debra Dalgleish) use
    something like this

    =OFFSET(INDIRECT("Sheet1!$A$5"),0,0,6,1)

    news:[email protected]...