+ Reply to Thread

Multiple formulas/conditions in one cell

MS-Off Ver

Multiple formulas/conditions in one cell

Hey guys, this is my first post. This forum seems to be real nifty and I will definitely be checking the various posts out.
    I work for a small nonprofit organization that serves adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. We are regulated by our state to track the resident's finances to protect their security. Most of our group homes are continuing to do this on paper (major yawn, waaaay to much work for the 21st century in my opinion). Attached is the form that we are using in the homes I oversee. I have several formulas and conditional formatting options in place that I am happy with. My question is this:

I want to keep the formula that is presently there in H6, however I also want to add the condition or formula (sorry, not extremely excel savy here) that if C6 contains no text, then H6 turns to white font so that it isn't visible. Can anyone help me out here and tell me how to do this?

Lock Box Template - 2.xlsx

Valued Forum Contributor
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010

Re: Multiple formulas/conditions in one cell

welcome to the forum!

on the home ribbon there is a button called conditional formatting. click that and go to "new rule" then "use a formula to determine which cells to format" then in the formula box input
    Formula: copy to clipboard
    Please Login or Register  to view this content.

click the format button to select white font, and apply that to your range ($h$5:$h$45) - the easiest way to do this is to select that range before clicking conditional formatting. otherwise you can go back in to your conditional formatting manager and adjust it from there...
    Last edited by simarui; 03-25-2015 at 04:09 PM.
    Hope I could help - if your post has been solved don't forget to mark it as such.

Clicking the * below is a great way to say thanks!

"Drowning in 10 feet of water isn?t any different than drowning in a million feet. And if you can swim, it doesn?t matter how deep the ocean is. At some level, once you realize you?re in water that?s too deep to stand, you have to have a very different approach," - Joi Ito

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information