+ Reply to Thread

Tabulating min seq# and matching other cell info then pasting in app cell on other sheet

Forum Contributor
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007

Question Tabulating min seq# and matching other cell info then pasting in app cell on other sheet

I have an Insurance Office that receives multiple request for quotes per day (thank to goodness) I want to build a sheet/workbook that will give me the next CSR available to give a quote based on where she is in comparison to 4 other CSRs, so we assign ea quote that comes into the office whether by phone or walk in seq # and a csr for that seq # so currently the next person to quote according to our manuel sheet is a csr whose intials are ERL she has the lowest # so she is next to quote... so the simple operation has a lot of variables that you don't first think about ... My overriding rule is customer is king and he doesn't wait to talk to the csr who is next to quote he talks to the next available csr with the lowest quote #... so if the lowest is on the phone the quote goes to the next lowest CSR etc... so we while i need automation I need automation that allows for common sense so need some user input to be able to skip the absolute NEXT csr and go to the next lowest.... and then when for what ever reason a csr gets behind by more than a couple of sequences, say because she had to be out for 2 days ... maybe if someone gets out in front by more than 3 seq in front of all others we need to skip her until other get caught up... and then there is the situation where a potential client is referred to a specific CSR by name so we need to allow for that but still give it a quote #. I started this and quickly got into the weeds and can see this is going to take way to much of my time but maybe not so much for you experienced with nested IF statements with INDEX & MATCH and/or VBA ... I have a attached the workbook I started ...

Oh I need to know if it is possible for this to reside on a server and have shortcut on ea of 7 users' computer and allow for sharing/using this at the same time ...

(btw tried to purchase points but it is not working) have a 100 dollars budget for this...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by dyoung785; 10-04-2016 at 07:57 PM.

Forum Guru
    MS-Off Ver
    WinXP/MSO2007;Win10/MSO2016

Re: too many variables for me to handle this

Your post does not comply with Rule 1 of our Forum RULES. Your post title should accurately and concisely describe your problem, not your anticipated solution.

Use terms appropriate to a Google search. Poor thread titles, like Please Help, Urgent, Need Help, Formula Problem, Code Problem, and Need Advice will be addressed according to the OP's experience in the forum: If you have less than 10 posts, expect (and respond to) a request to change your thread title. If you have 10 or more posts, expect your post to be locked, so you can start a new thread with an appropriate title.

To change a Title go to your first post, click EDIT then Go Advanced and change your title, if 2 days have passed ask a moderator to do it for you.

(This thread should receive no further responses until this moderation request is fulfilled, as per Forum Rule 7)
    Ben Van Johnson

Forum Contributor
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007

Re: too many variables for me to handle this

thank you ... done let me know if this works ...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information