+ Reply to Thread

My computer crashed and now I can not establish a VBAProject (PERSONAL.XLSB)

MS-Off Ver

My computer crashed and now I can not establish a VBAProject (PERSONAL.XLSB)

To make maters worse by accident I clicked on the X in the upper right corner of the drop down window of Visual Basic for Applications (I have a tremor). I am using Office 2010, luckily I have all my coding for the macros. Before I hit that X the drop down did not have a VBAProject (Database Records.xlsm). There must be a tutorial somewhere in the forum. I would try transporting the info from my office laptop, but it is a newer version and I have no idea how to do that anyway.

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated!!!

MS-Off Ver
    Windows: 2010; Mac: 16.13 (O365)

Re: My computer crashed and now I can not establish a VBAProject (PERSONAL.XLSB)

Hi,

Closing a window in the VBE, or closing the VBE itself, will not delete anything, so you should not be too concerned about that. Do you have the Project Explorer window visible in the VB Editor?
    Don
    Please remember to mark your thread 'Solved' when appropriate.

MS-Off Ver

Re: My computer crashed and now I can not establish a VBAProject (PERSONAL.XLSB)

I just realize that my last response did not post. Things are almost back to normal. What is annoying is the Project - VBAProject is horizontal across the top of the window. It will not nest vertically in the upper left corner as every one in the past did.

Back to the original problem "How do I reestablish a VPAProject (PERRSONAL.XLSB)"? I used to have one but it dissappared after the crash and re-installation of Windows 10.

MS-Off Ver
    Office 365 ProPlus

To reset VBE setting to original state (i.e. window position etc). You can follow steps outlined in link.
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...itial-settings
    ?Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something.?
    ― Robert A. Heinlein

MS-Off Ver

I have gotten the Project - VBAProject near enough to the corner. I know little to nothing about registry editing, My son dose that for me, I'll ask him to fix that the next time were are using TeamViewer.

I want to reestablish the VBAProject (PERSONAL.XLSB) so I do not have to copy everything to each file.

MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010 2019

Hi Scshot

I assume you're talking about Docking the Window...take a look at this Link...it's not terribly intuitive...but eventually it works...

http://www.jkp-ads.com/Articles/VBEDocking.asp
    John

If you have issues with Code I've provided, I appreciate your feedback.

In the event Code provided resolves your issue, please mark your Thread as SOLVED.

If you're satisfied by any members response to your issue please use the star icon at the lower left of their post.

MS-Off Ver

I want to reestablish the VBAProject (PERSONAL.XLSB) so I do not have to copy everything to each file.

The alignment is a very minor issue compared to reestablishing the VBAProject (PERSONAL.XLSB)

MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010 2019

Hi Scshot

FYI...In Windows 10 PERSONAL.xlsb resides in C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART; we need to find out where it lives in the Computer on which it exists.

You indicate you have the Macro Code...where does it reside?
    • On your Office Computer?
    • What Version of Office and Excel is on the Computer on which the Code resides?

You indicate your Computer crashed and you had to reinstall Windows 10; as a consequence you indicate you no longer have PERSONAL.xlsb on the Computer. Fear not...if you have the Code and have access to it we can cet it back...if the two Computes are not networked a Thumb Drive would be helpful...

MS-Off Ver

That folder XLSTART is empty! Any idea what to do next?

I appreciate your help, hope there is another way/option.

MS-Off Ver

Atwood Lake in Mid NE Ohio I did look it up. Beautiful area I am in the east bay of the SF CA area.

MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010 2019

Hi Scshot

Any idea what to do next?
    Sure...where is the Code? You've indicated you have it somewhere...we need to retrieve it.
    luckily I have all my coding for the macros

MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010 2019

Hi Scshot

Atwood Lake in Mid NE Ohio I did look it up. Beautiful area I am in the east bay of the SF CA area.
    Yeah...been here since the early 70's...full time since the late 90's...it's home...it's winter at the moment...a bit testy at times for this old man...

MS-Off Ver

I'm at a loss! I've been using computers since '85 it was a Compact "suitcase", the keyboard was the bottom of the "suitcase" was about 5"x7" green background with yellow letters. At one time I actually did coding but the was in the early 90's.

I have the code for the things but I do not have the PERSONAL.XLSB so that every file has the same access to the automatic execution of a code.

MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010 2019

Hi Scshot
    Do you know how to export Code or do you have a Workbook that has all the Code you require?

IF you have the Code I believe I know how to retrieve it into PERSONAL.XLSB...
    Last edited by jaslake; 02-01-2018 at 12:26 AM.

MS-Off Ver

Yes I have the codes in a text file on my desktop

MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010 2019

Hi Scshot

Attach the text file...I'll see what I can do with it...late here...will not be tonight.

MS-Off Ver
    Windows: 2010; Mac: 16.13 (O365)

Simply recording a macro and choosing to save it in the personal macro workbook will create the file for you in the correct location. You can then import your codes to that and save it.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information