Hello,

Hopefully someone can help me out with a little issue I'm struggling with.
Every week I have to update a project overview document. This document contains 9 columns and a variable amount of rows (depending on the amount of projects as each row is 1 project).
In this file we add an additional 2 columns with status information on the project which then is sent to various colleagues.

The "source" of this file is generated weekly from our administration software.

What I would like to do:
Have 1 file which 1 use for status updating, however with the possibility to load the new data from the generated file while the existing data is being kept.
Unless the value in column a of the project file can't be found in the generated file, in that case the entire row can be deleted (or perhaps relocated to another sheet as an "archive").

The key in this are the cells in row A, this contains a unique number.

What I tried to make:
If I hit copy, a (invisible) sheet is filled with all data from the generated file (this file is always on the same network location).
Then I start searching column A in that sheet for duplicates in my project overview.
If it has a match the first 3 columns of that row will be copied and pasted into the project file. The other columns remain as they are as they contain my status updates.

If it does not have a match it is a new project which was not on the list before and it will be added on the bottom.
in this case all 9 columns of that row will be copied.

What I have left then is to see if there are projects in the project document which are no longer in the generated file. These rows can be deleted or moved.

Although i did get a good start with help of some examples I found online, combining all of them seems to be harder than I thought.
In short: my coding is a mess...

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.
Thanks in advance for any help given.