+ Reply to Thread

HELP Building a self tabulating Dart League Roster with self calculating stats.

MS-Off Ver
    MS Office 2010

Unhappy HELP Building a self tabulating Dart League Roster with self calculating stats.

To begin with, Hello. I am very new to Excel and have only begun to use very basic functions in the program. I would appreciate any and all help with this workbook, but I also want to learn as much as i can about the functions needed to do what I need done. Now, onto the crazy design.

I have set up a League workbook for my Dart League. I have set up a Player Stat page, which breaks calculates several stats for rankings, i.e. High In, High Out, Double In = 1, Double Out = 1, 95+ = 1, 140+ = 2, 170+ = 3, 180's = 4, 60+ Finish = 1, 100+ Finish = 2, STANDING, WOMEN RANK/MEN RANK and Overall RANK.

Some require actual values taken right from the score sheets, like the 'High In' and 'High Out'. These must take all values across all score sheets and only return the maximum value found.

Others only require a count of weather the goal was achieved, like Double In = 1, Double Out = 1, 95+ = 1, 140+ = 2, 170+ = 3, 180's = 4, 60+ Finish = 1, 100+ Finish = 2. These only need to count the number of times the goal was reached across the total number of score sheets. One score sheet being added every week.

Now the the formulas to calculate the Individual standings are already done and the Standings sheet works as it should, calculating as the values change.

The big fun comes from working with several Score sheets, and taking values which have been input into the score sheets, and sending the information to the Standings sheet for it to calculate the Individual standings.

The Individual Standings are sorted by players names.
    The Score Sheets also have those names, yet the score sheets are set up in a fashion of several games, and the teams and names change location on the score sheet weekly to accommodate rotations.

If you look at the Score Sheet, you will see the data that has been transferred to the Player Stats sheet in red. These are the Score stats i need found across all score sheets and tabulated on the Stats sheet.

Not sure of the functions needed to search by an individuals name, across several sheets and tabulate the information I need found.

Also, I have a TEAM STANDING sheet to calculate the wins by each team. Again, data which has to be found across all of the Score Sheets and added together to be inserted into the appropriate team row. The teams rotate on the score sheets also, so the data must be sought out by Excel and transferred to the TEAM STANDING sheet.

I know it is a very ambitious project for someone new to Excel, but I was just made President of this years league and would like to do it right. In the past, stats were not kept very well and they need to be. I have been doing it by hand for the past two weeks and thought someone here may have the knowledge I lack for such an undertaking.

I hope I have left enough information and that this explanation and the Excel file itself will enlighten any who would venture to take a look. Please contact me for any clarification on any sought after function.
    Attached Files Attached Files

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information