+ Reply to Thread

Automatically Copy Cell Data From Multiple Sheet to a Summary Sheet

Forum Contributor
    MS-Off Ver

Automatically Copy Cell Data From Multiple Sheet to a Summary Sheet

Hi ,

I have a vba code below that I created to copy multiple cell values in a active sheet to a summary data sheet "Sheet4". The problem is, I cannot find the correct coding that will works should I have many other sheets (35 in total) feeding the exact same cell data to the summary sheet as well when the command button is clicked. You will notice it is referred to as "Audit Template". I have tried ActiveSheet, WorkSheet, etc.

To further the problem, when I copy the "Audit Template" sheet to create a new sheet it says that there is already a macro " Sub Submit_AuditSheet_Data()"

What would be the correct wording in the code to when a make a copy of the template sheet that al lthe copied sheet uses the same macro and that the command button functions in all copied sheets

Please Login or Register  to view this content.
    Last edited by AliGW; 04-08-2020 at 01:57 AM.

Valued Forum Contributor
    MS-Off Ver

Re: Automatically Copy Cell Data From Multiple Sheet to a Summary Sheet

Hi there, and welcome to the forum. One of the mods may be along shortly to point out that code should be included between CODE tags - it's easy to do by clicking the # button on the editor. Anyway...

A couple of things:
    • You really don't need to copy the VBA code and have a separate function for each worksheet.
      Instead, if you have a command button on the "template" worksheet that you're copying, just use that to call a function that does the work for you
    • Although you can just accept the code that's generated by recording a macro, it's usually quite inefficient.
      In this particular case, VBA is selecting, using selections, reselecting... and it goes on.
      Instead, replace the blahblah.select and selection.dostuffhere with direct references
    So, here's an idea to get you started.

Put this in a new Module (right-click Object explorer -> Insert -> Module)
    (Normally I wouldn't use "ActiveSheet", but if it's only going to be run from a command button on a worksheet it'll do the trick on this occasion)

This code should be associated with a command button on each template sheet - it just calls the function that's up there ^^^
    When you copy that worksheet it'll create a worksheet with a command button on it.

Don't forget to tweak that code to suit your ranges and worksheet names etc.

HTH
    Tim
    Never stop learning!
    <--- please consider *-ing !

Forum Contributor
    MS-Off Ver

Thank you very much. It works perfectly. Jezz - you guys are awesome. Unfortunately me being a absolute NEWBE I had to do it the hard way of recording steps cause I don't now coding at all

But thank you it is much appreciated !!!!

Valued Forum Contributor
    MS-Off Ver

Glad I could be of help. Don't forget to mark the thread [SOLVED] using the thread tools at the top of the page.

You can also show your appreiciation for those who have helped by clicking the * at the side of their posts if you wish to leave feedback.

Tim

Retired in Ipswich, Suffolk, but grew up in Sawley, Derbyshire (England)
    MS-Off Ver
    MS 365 Subscription Insider Beta Channel v. 2404 (Windows 11 22H2 64-bit)

Administrative Note:

Welcome to the forum.

We would very much like to help you with your query, however you need to include code tags around your code.

Please take a moment to add the tags. Posting code between tags makes your code much easier to read and copy for testing, and it also maintains VBA formatting.

Please see Forum Rule #2 about code tags and adjust accordingly. Click on Edit to open your post, then highlight your code and click the # icon at the top of your post window. More information about these and other tags can be found here

(Note: this change is not optional. As you are new, I have done it for you this time.)
    Ali

Enthusiastic self-taught user of MS Excel who's always learning!
    Don't forget to say "thank you" in your thread to anyone who has offered you help.
    You can reward them by clicking on * Add Reputation below their user name on the left, if you wish.

Forum Rules (updated August 2023): please read them here.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information