+ Reply to Thread

Automate Excel Data to PowerPoint

MS-Off Ver

Automate Excel Data to PowerPoint

1) I just subscribed to Commercial Service so that I can try to get help on the below. Anyone know how that works or where I am supposed to post it?

2) -Screenshots with explanations of below - ATTACHED

-DYNAMIC LINK Between Excel Template and PowerPoint Template

WHAT I HAVE:
    -Have a custom made Excel Template (Fillable) that requires the user to input data into certain fields. Once these fields are filled, the other sheets are updated with that data in a "rough" report. These other sheets/reports and their data (updated multiple times daily for different clients) - are to then be SENT to PPT.
    -Also have a custom PowerPoint Template (Linked to that Excel Template) which is supposed to auto-update from the above Excel template.

-Both open "fresh" every time they are needed.
    -User will open both, they will fill in the required fields within the Excel template, the PowerPoint Template will update, and then the user will either send the PP Presentation for use, or print the PowerPoint Presentation for use.

*I have created a very large, multi-sheet Excel Template that is designed to have a User open the template, complete the required fields based on the specific client, and then be able to generate reports. Initially I had handmade the reports in Excel and they work fine, but for the sake of it, visually not being the most attractive thing in the world, I've now created a PowerPoint Template which has taken the visuals full circle, however I am having an issue with the linking.

ISSUE:
    Data from Excel updates like it should (tested) initially. After pasting/linking a few more fields, the first and subsequent fields stop updating when data is changed within the Excel file.

***When I paste special/paste link into PPT, it works fine after testing ( updating the data in Excel and seeing the update in PPT) but then after pasting 3-4 more of these linked cell ranges into the PPT - The link from the first/second/so on BREAKS and it no longer updates. If I save the PPT and close it, when re-opened, none of the links are found and none function.
    **Here is the process I have been using, which is not working: Copy a range of cells within the Excel template < Open the PowerPoint < "Paste Special" < Paste Link < Select Excel

***When I paste special/paste link into PPT, it works fine after testing ( updating the data in Excel and seeing the update in PPT) but then after pasting 3-4 more of these linked cell ranges into the PPT - The link from the first/second/so on BREAKS and it no longer updates. If I save the PPT and close it, when re-opened, none of the links are found and none function.

I have tried saving them to saving them to one drive/auto save. I have also tried just saving them on the desktop as well. Not sure if that has an impact?

PLEASE let me know if (1) there is something I am simply doing wrong? OR if there are any available Apps (Paid or Free) within the Microsoft App store that can accomplish this task/issue for me.

Any assistance on this will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

- - -
    Attached Files Attached Files

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information