View Poll Results: Has anyone else tried this type of formula?

Voters
0. This poll is closed
  • Yes

0 0%
  • No

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread

Extract duplicate data from one column only if respecive row in another column is blank

MS-Off Ver

Extract duplicate data from one column only if respecive row in another column is blank

I am looking to extract duplicate values from Column A only if the respective row/cell in Column C are blank. I need it to ignore all cells in Column A in which the respective row/cell in column C contains a date. Spreadsheet is attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 6StringJazzer; 10-02-2020 at 12:17 PM. Reason: No reason to include a poll in this question

Forum Expert
    MS-Off Ver
    MS 365 Office Suite.

Re: Extract duplicate data from one column only if respecive row in another column is blan

Formula for U10 =IF(OR(A10="",C10>32000),"",A10)=IF(OR(A10="",C10>32000),"",A10)
    My General Rules if you want my help. Not aimed at any person in particular:

1. Please Make Requests not demands, none of us get paid here.

2. Check back on your post regularly. I will not return to a post after 4 days.
    If it is not important to you then it definitely is not important to me.

MS-Off Ver

Re: Extract duplicate data from one column only if respecive row in another column is blan

I appreciate the formula, however, when I look at it, I am needing to evaluate a range of cells in column C to determine if they are blank, and if so,
    I then need to evaluate that range of cells in Column A to determine if there are duplicates. Finally, if duplicates are located, I need to have the duplicate value posted in V10. The formula will
    then be copied down so the formula will also have to account for values that have already been discovered and reported previously in column V. That is why I have the lookup/countif formula in column V.
    The formula currently in Column V is locating and returning only duplicate values found in column A, however, it is not accounting for the blank/not blank cells in column C. Any ideas whether this can be
    accomplished?

Thank you again for your assistance.

Forum Guru
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2019

Hello D1699 and Welcome to Excel Forum.
    This proposal employs two helper columns which may be moved and/or hidden for aesthetic purposes.
    The first helper is populated using: =COUNTIFS(A$10:A$17,A10,C$10:C$17,"")
    The second helper is populated using: =COUNTIFS($H$10:H10,2,A$10:A10,A10)
    The output column is populated using: =IFERROR(INDEX(A$10:A$17,AGGREGATE(15,6,(ROW(A$10:A$17)-ROW(A$9))/(I$10:I$17=1),ROWS(A$10:A10))),"")
    Let us know if you have any questions.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Consider taking the time to add to the reputation of everybody that has taken the time to respond to your query.

MS-Off Ver

Thank you JeteMc. The helper columns and formulas are working the way I wanted them to.
    I appreciate the help. Thank you again.

Forum Guru
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2019

You're Welcome and thank you for the feedback. Please take a moment to mark the thread as 'Solved' using the thread tools menu above your first post. I hope that you have a blessed day.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information