+ Reply to Thread

Error using Power Query in Sharepoint - works for me but not my co-workers

MS-Off Ver

Error using Power Query in Sharepoint - works for me but not my co-workers

I have created a query that pulls from another excel file both of which are on SharePoint. The file has minimal VBA code to simplify refreshing the table and resetting formatting, etc. When I press the refresh button the query works fine for me, but when my co-worker tries to run it, she gets the following error - "Exception of type Microsoft.Mashup.Engine.Interface.ResourceAccessForbiddenException was thrown" - I don't completely understand settings and if they need to be changed. Thanks in advance for your help!

EDITED TO ADD...oops! I need an answer quickly. I did post this message on the Microsoft forum as well and will link any answers I may get. Thank you for your willingness to help.
    Last edited by Cswy; 10-20-2020 at 02:12 PM.

MS-Off Ver
    MS Office 365 Version 2404 Win 11 Home 64 Bit

Re: Error using Power Query in Sharepoint - works for me but not my co-workers

Administrative Note:

Welcome to the forum.

We would very much like to help you with your query, however it has been brought to our attention that the same query has been posted on one or more other forums and you have not provided the required cross-post link(s) here.

Please see Forum Rule #3 about cross-posting and adjust accordingly. Read this to understand why we (and other sites like us) consider this to be important.

(Note: this requirement is not optional. No help to be offered until the link is provided.)
    Alan עַם יִשְׂרָאֵל חַי

Change an Ugly Report with Power Query
    Database Normalization
    Complete Guide to Power Query
    Man's Mind Stretched to New Dimensions Never Returns to Its Original Form

MS-Off Ver

My apologies, I understood I had to say I had cross-posted it, but didn't realize I need to post a link. That is my fault. I will be more aware the next time I have a question.

I did receive an answer although I'm not sure if it is exactly what worked for me...
    answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/sharepoint-excel-power-query-issue-works-for-me/cfe5262d-d1dc-431a-8822-c3ada034b4e2

After many hours of changing settings and erasing global permissions, I had to have my coworker open the query, select data settings, edit the global permissions, and sign into her office 365 account under the organizational account tab. She says it worked! I'm hoping this will continue to work for her!

Thanks for your willingness to help.

(I am actually getting an error saying I am not able to insert a link until I post a few times.)

MS-Off Ver
    MS Office 365 Version 2404 Win 11 Home 64 Bit

(I am actually getting an error saying I am not able to insert a link until I post a few times.)
    thank you for posting the link and solution.

The restriction on pasting a link is to prevent spammers from posting links. Once you have either 5 or 10 (hard to remember) posts, you will be able to copy and paste links. Typing the link was appropriate given your current posting.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information