How to use Excel functions

  1. #1
    Runner
    Guest

    How to use Excel functions

    Hi, can anyone tell me how to use the if function to highlight a cell in
    green color if the value is greater 500 or less than 100 in a column?

  2. #2
    Andy Brown
    Guest

    Re: How to use Excel functions

    "Runner" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi, can anyone tell me how to use the if function to highlight a cell in
    > green color if the value is greater 500 or less than 100 in a column?

    You can use IF as the basis of a Conditional Formatting formula ; see
    http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat01.html

    Rgds,
    Andy

  3. #3
    Andy Brown
    Guest

    Re: How to use Excel functions

    You should end up with a Conditional Formatting formula akin to:

    =AND($A1<>"",OR($A1<100,$A1>500))

Similar Threads

  1. Excel crashes due to incomplete VBA compilation?
    By RogerN in forum Excel Programming / VBA / Macros
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-11-2009, 09:26 PM
  2. How to display help text in the Insert function wizard (Excel)
    By sudhakard in forum Excel Programming / VBA / Macros
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-26-2009, 11:01 AM
  3. Business Functions for Excel
    By capnhud in forum Excel General