how do I lock formulas, but I can still delete data?

  1. #1
    Dave
    Guest

    how do I lock formulas, but I can still delete data?

    I can delete data, but it delets the formula. Is there any way to lock a
    formula, but can still clear data?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Nick Hodge
    Guest

    Re: how do I lock formulas, but I can still delete data?

    Dave

    Two ways

    1) If it's just for you go to Edit>Go to>Special... and select 'Constants'
    and/or numbers and text and pres the delete key
    2) For all users, select all the cells you want to delete. (You might do
    this by method 1) and then go to Format>Cells>Protection and un-check
    locked. Now go to Tools>Protection>Protect sheet... and you will now only be
    able to delete the cells you want deleted.

    Nick Hodge
    Microsoft MVP - Excel
    Southampton, England
    [email protected]HIS

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: how do I lock formulas, but I can still delete data?

    Dave

    Edit>Go To(or F5)>Special>Constants. Tickmark what you want selected then OK
    your way out.

    Edit>Delete what is highlighted.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP