How can I copy column sums to another spreadsheets as numbers

  1. #1
    auntpat
    Guest

    How can I copy column sums to another spreadsheets as numbers

    Using a workbook with income/expense worksheets for each month I would like
    to copy and paste the column totals for each month into a yearly summary
    worksheet - but, of course, these cells are results of formulas, so I get a
    #REF error when they are copied to a new worksheet. Is there any way I can
    convert the cell contents to the actual figures that are displayed in the
    cell? Thanks.

    Aunt Pat

  2. #2
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: How can I copy column sums to another spreadsheets as numbers

    Have a look in vba HELP for PASTESPECIAL

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    auntpat
    Guest

    Re: How can I copy column sums to another spreadsheets as numbers

    Thanks, Don. I did search help, but none of the search terms I could think
    of pointed me to the answer.

  4. #4
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: How can I copy column sums to another spreadsheets as numbers

    auntpat

    Don assumed you would use VBA code to do the copy/pastespecial.

    If you do it manually........

    Copy the column totals and Paste Special>Values>OK>Esc.

    Maybe also look at "linking" these cells back to the monthly totals cells.

    e.g. on yearly sheet in A1 enter =January!A56 where A56 is the total for
    January.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP