Tools/Compare and Merge Workbooks - Excel 2003 Pro

  1. #1
    Laura
    Guest

    Tools/Compare and Merge Workbooks - Excel 2003 Pro

    Has anyone successfully used the "Compare and Merge Workbooks" option in
    "Tools" in Excel 2003 (Professional)?
    It is "unselectable" -- new technical term. :-)
    I have tried opening one of the workbooks, both workbooks, no workbooks --
    the option always appears to be unselectable.
    This is not a "disabled item" on my system.

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    RE: Tools/Compare and Merge Workbooks - Excel 2003 Pro

    AFAIK this is for shared copies of the same workbook only, if you open the
    shared workbook then you can select merge workbook but you can only open
    copies of the same workbook. When you share the workbook you can allow other
    users to change it at the same time. When you do this and open the shared
    workbook this option becomes available. However you cannot open for instance
    2 non shared workbooks and merge them using this.

    Regards,

    Peo Sjoblom