Countif to ignore any errors

  1. #1
    Guest

    Countif to ignore any errors

    I would like to count the number of records which have good data , ignoring
    the one's that have any errors

    for eg: the data in cell A1:a6 is as follows:-

    aa
    bb
    #NUM!
    cc
    #NUM!
    dd

    The count should give me 4 as only 4 out of the 6 above holds correct data

    I cannot change the formula that is causing the error (like #NUM! above
    using ISERROR route)

    I am using this array formula but not able to get the desired result.

    {=COUNTIF(IF(ISERROR(A1:A6)=FALSE,D57:D66),"<>FALSE")}

    Any suggestions please

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Dave R.
    Guest

    Re: Countif to ignore any errors

    Try

    =SUMPRODUCT(--NOT(ISERROR(A1:A6)))

  3. #3
    Art
    Guest

    RE: Countif to ignore any errors

    You could try either:
    =COUNTIF(A1:A6,"<>#NUM!")
    =SUM(IF(ISERR(A1:A6),0,1))

    Art

  4. #4
    Dave R.
    Guest

    Re: Countif to ignore any errors

    This is an alternative, but isn't as good because it doesn't count numbers
    unless they are formatted as text (and reentered) or entered as text.

    =COUNTIF(A1:A6,"*")

  5. #5

    Re: Countif to ignore any errors

    Dave R. wrote...
    >This is an alternative, but isn't as good because it doesn't count

    numbers
    >unless they are formatted as text (and reentered) or entered as text.
    >
    >=COUNTIF(A1:A6,"*")

    There are times 2 functions make more sense than one.

    =COUNTIF(range,"*")+COUNT(range)
    Both function calls skip cells evaluating as error or boolean values.