Is there a virus out there that is affecting excel spreadsheets

  1. #1
    jean
    Guest

    Is there a virus out there that is affecting excel spreadsheets

    Was adding my spreadsheets and the numbers would not add up. So I shut my
    computer down and ran a norton anti virus program. It seemed to correct the
    problem for now but can someone advise me if there is a virus out there that
    is affecting the spreadsheet programs
    Thanks
    Jean

  2. #2
    Alan
    Guest

    Re: Is there a virus out there that is affecting excel spreadsheets

    "jean" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Was adding my spreadsheets and the numbers would not add up. So I
    > shut my computer down and ran a norton anti virus program. It

    seemed
    > to correct the problem for now but can someone advise me if there is
    > a virus out there that is affecting the spreadsheet programs
    > Thanks
    > Jean

    You ran Norton, but did it find anything?

    Just a simple shut-down and re-boot will fix many common computer
    problems that are nothing to do with a virus, just related to things
    getting corrupted over a days use, or memory leak, or ..... etc etc
    etc..

    Alan.

  3. #3
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Is there a virus out there that is affecting excel spreadsheets

    In addition to the goodness that follows a clean reboot (like a
    cleansing spring rain, without the electrical shorts), was calculation
    turned to manual before the shutdown? That'll prevent things from adding up.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

  4. #4
    Bernard V Liengme
    Guest

    Re: Is there a virus out there that is affecting excel spreadsheets

    Seems more likely that you had a workbook open in which Calculation was set
    to manual.
    If it happens again try pressing F9.
    best wishes
    Bernard