Formula to hide blank rows

  1. #1
    Ladyra
    Guest

    Formula to hide blank rows

    I have a nine page order form - my question is if it is possible to hide a
    row if the item in that row is not chosen. I want to end up with a two or
    three page order form showing customer choices instead of nine pages of half
    filled in rows - any suggestions? Thanks.

  2. #2
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: Formula to hide blank rows

    Take a look at Data / Filter / Autofilter on whatever field denotes being
    chosen

    http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter01.html

    --
    Regards
    Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Ladyra
    Guest

    Re: Formula to hide blank rows

    I looked at filters but I was really just wanting a formula that would hide
    or delete a complete row if there was no selection by "X" in that row - is
    this possible? Thanks for your help.

  4. #4
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: Formula to hide blank rows

    Not without resorting to VBA code. Autofilter is a solution that will
    require just two mouse clicks to hide all the unnecessary rows.

  5. #5
    Ladyra
    Guest

    Re: Formula to hide blank rows