How do I resize a chart in Excel after the chart has been saved...

  1. #1
    DianaQ
    Guest

    How do I resize a chart in Excel after the chart has been saved...

    I am using Excel 2002 and trying to make a number of charts. I would like to
    put two charts on each page - one on top of the other. I can't figure out
    how to make the charts smaller or how to import them to a single page.

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: How do I resize a chart in Excel after the chart has been saved...

    Diana -

    Rather than making separate chart sheets for each chart, put the charts onto a
    worksheet. In the last step of the chart wizard, choose the As Object In option, and
    choose a sheet from the dropdown list. For an existing chart, make the same choice
    after selecting Location from the Chart menu.

    You can easily size the charts in a worksheet if you remember this trick. When you
    move or size the chart, hold down the Alt key, and the edges of the chart will line
    up with the cell boundaries.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

  3. #3
    DianaQ
    Guest

    Re: How do I resize a chart in Excel after the chart has been save

    Thanks so much Jon for your reply. I did manage to find out today at work
    how to do just what you said. I didn't know about the Alt move tho and will
    certainly use that on my next set of charts. Thanks again.